The thing about being Polished for Pennies is that if you think you can do anything… YOU CAN! Like do a DIY Baby Photo Shoot! My BFF Laurie just had beautiful Baby Macie, and we wanted to treat her like the princess she is by making her a model for a day for photos that would last a lifetime! Talk about saving money at the mall or with a photog… DO IT YOURSELF! Take a gander at the video above and see how we transformed Laurie’s kitchen into a sweet pastel play-table for Macie!
A few tips and tricks:
- Natural lighting is always best so try to shoot in a well lit room! But never in front of a window.
- USE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AS PROPS SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING! Whether you’re making your baby look like a little chef with kitchen stuff or a garden fairy princess with stuff from your own backyard, get creative and have fun with it! Also, don’t forget all that stuff from the baby shower!
- Make sure the baby is comfortable, protected, and secure… but if the baby starts to cry take a break or even snap a few in the moment!
- An Iphone/Smartphone or IPad all work as great cameras!
- Play with zooming on your baby’s little features like toes and hands.
- Finally just have fun with it!! Remember… It doesn’t have to be perfect… it just has to be Polished!
Btw: My Gal Pals and I decided to make the photo shoot a brunch day of course! And it was crepe time again… BUT! This time I made a simple peach and berry cobbler to fill the crepes and top with whipped cream and berry syrup! OMG 😉